As news on the coronavirus (COVID-19) changes from minute to minute, the health and safety of our customers, team and community remain the number one priority of Benchmark Electrical Services. As a locally owned company, we are prepared to continue serving the DFW area while exercising expanded health and safety practices.
While Benchmark Electrical already works hard to maintain health and safety standards, we are expanding our policies to do our part in “flattening the curve.” These additional measures include:
- We train our employees on health and safety standards.
- We actively encourage sick employees to stay home.
- We screen the health of our suppliers, employees, and client.
- We are deep cleaning and disinfecting our business including high-touch surfaces.
- In addition to our standard use of shoe covers, we will also use disposable gloves.
- All iPads, card swipers, etc are cleaned after each client use.
- All hand tools are cleaned after each client and trucks are wiped down daily.
- We are accomodating employees who become sick or have a sick family member.
As it stands, no Benchmark Electrical Services employees have tested positive for COVID-19. If this changes, we will take action to prevent the further spread of the virus. Additionally, if any employee exhibits symptoms of COVID-19 they will be self-quarantined and relieved of duty until they are healthy and no longer contagious. It is our promise to maintain full transparency with our community.
As more and more people are practicing social distancing and self-quarantining, the basic infrastructures inside homes will be seeing more use than usual. With more people home from school and work, electrical systems are going to be used more frequently and homeowners are more likely to run into some common electrical problems like circuit breaker trips.
It is imperative to the initiative of containing the virus that these essential systems remain working properly. Benchmark Electrical is fully prepared to handle an increase in demand for electrical service while maintaining current and expanded safety standards.
We are all concerned about COVID-19 and how it is affecting our community, but we have a plan of action to protect the well-being of our customers and the well-being of our team. We will take every precaution necessary to get the job done in a safe and responsible manner – for everyone involved.